Drunken Tongue Speaks The Sober Mind

I don't know how to start this. As I take sips from my alcoholic beverage a few things keep running through my mind. Obviously I decided to get online and speak about them, thinking maybe someone will read.

Firstly, lets discuss "Down to Earth" which for those who don't know, it's my upcoming EP. The release date was originally intended for Halloween but due to my engineer going out of town and me taking a vacation I wasn't able to finish on time. "Down to Earth" was originally gonna roughly be around 6 or 7 songs but now it's looking like it will be 9 or 10. The production is basically split in half by my homie Thelonious and my brother from another country Charlie Hilton, with a couple tracks produced by cats outside of my camp.

The story behind the title is kind of simple. I've recently gone through some personal shit and I wasn't in the right state of mind to write "Growing Wings". Basically I run through a few of my insecurities, my life, my name. Kind of like I'm giving a honest and heartfelt interview with a fan. A lot of artists don't let you, the fan or listener, in on certain parts of their lives, they tend to keep a lot of stuff hidden. I titled it "Down to Earth" because before I could grow my wings, I needed to let everybody get a closer look into who I am. I need people to know who I am at least somewhat before "Growing Wings" so they can watch me find myself musically, because its all about growth in this art and I think it would be better if more people could come along for the ride, or in my situation come along for the flight.

Lets switch gears and talk about collaborations. Who is featured on "Down to Earth"? Now thats a good question, right now I might only keep the features limited to one person, Frank Ramz. We got this track that is currently untitled and should be finished soon. It's about our pasts and how shit's changed. It shall defintely be something special. Each song on the EP will have a written description/story behind it when it's released. I'd like to describe the EP as a prelude of sorts.

Lastly but not least, lets talk about Sky Status. We have a few new posters who have been holding the site down. We got my man Cosmis, who is like the main poster and is also amazing writer. I've known him for years and his skills keep elevating so stay tuned for any post from him. We got the homie Mikey Almighty, who I'm honestly not too familiar with but Thelonious co-signed for him and thats enough for me. I think Mikey has been doing a really good job so far to keep it real with all of you. Beemer, who i've also known for years has been posting a little bit too. I think its safe to say Zelda and I have been posting the least lol. I just wanna say thanks to our authors, and keep it up. Continue to hold the site down, and i'll hold you down. We shall only prosper in the future if we stick together and keep the hard work up. Now i'm logging off the computer and taking my drunk ass to bed.

0 comments: